cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Seitz <s.se...@secretresearchfacility.com>
Subject Re: ACS 4.4.1 DEB Packages not yet available?
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:49:35 GMT
Hi Rohit,

I currently did some preflight checks, and noticed distro/release
incompatibilities against Wido's specific packages. (Something you
already mentioned in your mail)

At least package dependencies are problematic (e.g. mysql-client vs.
mysql-client-5.5 vs mariadb-client).

Anyway, thank's for offering your packages even if I currently can't use
them.

cheers,

- Stephan

Am Donnerstag, den 30.10.2014, 15:07 +0000 schrieb Rohit Yadav:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> We recently made our CloudStack packages repositories. We use the default process to
build deb/rpms but we don’t build debs/rpms for specific distro/release but as general APT/YUM
repository. It’s recommended to test run upgrades on a test setup using the new repository.
You may read more here:
> http://shapeblue.com/apache-cloudstack/cloudstack-packages-repository/
>
> > On 30-Oct-2014, at 8:05 pm, Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@secretresearchfacility.com>
wrote:

> > Ian,
> >
> > thanks for your suggestion. I was not aware of shapeblue's repo.
> >
> > Since I'm a little short on spare-systems for testing and do not know
> > how well these repos mix, I think I'll wait for Wido's packages.
> >
> > If I'm getting impatient, I'll start an "off-site" side-project with
> > shapeblue's packages this weekend :)
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, den 30.10.2014, 14:01 +0000 schrieb Ian Duffy:
> >> If you don't wish to wait you may use the ones generated by shapeblue.
> >>
> >> http://shapeblue.com/packages/
> >> http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/upstream/debian/4.4/

> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav