cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Merill Ronquillo <mronqui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VNC via public IP
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 06:32:43 GMT
Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosinski@...> writes:

> Hi, Merill.  Did you set up port forwarding rules on your firewall for
> the VNC ports on the VM IPs?  You'll need such a rule for every VM.
>
> Best regards,
> Kirk

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to think it's not possible with the
configuration from the guide since the public IP for the Console Proxy is
actually an RFC 1918 address. When I get the operation timed out message and
view the source on the page, I see that it is in fact trying to use the RFC
1918 address. My workaround will probably be to set up a VPN to this network.

--merill