cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Justyn Shull <just...@codero.com>
Subject Removing a single IP in a large range from cloudstack
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 23:12:18 GMT
Hello,

We have several blocks of IPs added in cloudstack and available as public IPs, however we
are needing to remove a few IPs that are in the middle of a range. For example, say we have
these ranges:

 *   100.100.100.8 - 100.100.100.250
 *   100.100.101.8 - 100.100.101.250
 *   100.100.102.8 - 100.100.102.250

Assuming random IPs are already in-use/allocated from those ranges and preventing the removal
of the entire range, how could I stop cloudstack from using a specific IP like 100.100.100.30?
I haven’t tested it yet, but would setting removed = NOW() for that ip in the user_ip_address
table be all that is needed assuming 100.100.100.30 isn’t already allocated to a specific
network? If modifying that in the db would work, would cloudstack ever try to reset it to
an available ip again?

Thanks,

--
Justyn Shull