cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: UI HTTP Status 404 / Tomcat - Address already in use [UNFIXED]
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 01:13:19 GMT
Hi Piers,

On 12-Sep-2014, at 12:42 am, Piers <piers@rowan.id.au> wrote:
> # purge cloudstack from the system and remove all traces of installation
> yum -y remove cloudstack-* tomcat*
> rm -fR /usr/share/cloudstack-*
> rm -fR /etc/cloudstack/
> # install management & usage
> yum -y install cloudstack-management cloudstack-usage

To start again, you don’t have to remove the package or conf again and again. Just shutdown
all java services (management and agent, tomcat etc.) and deploy the database, and finally
start the management server.

> # configure with IP thanks to Rohit
> cloudstack-setup-databases cloud:xxxx@localhost --deploy-as=root:xxxxxx -i 192.168.5.1

After you setup databases, just run cloudstack-agent (if KVM) and start the cloudstack-management.
And you should be good. Make sure you’ve openjdk 1.7 installed and if you run “java -version”
it should say 1.7 version etc. Else google on how to install/setup openjdk 1.7 as your default
java version/tool.

> I can't get my head around why a purging followed by a clean install will not eventuate
in a web UI and not a 404

> Any help appreciated.

Look in the logs for possible errors /var/log/cloudstack/management/management-server.log

Looks like you’re playing with KVM, you may try to set up CloudStack cloud all in one box:
http://bhaisaab.org/logs/cloudstack-kvm/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav