cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Guest networks not created on all Xen hosts in a pool leading to migration failure
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 05:25:51 GMT
Looks like a bug!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Pentium100 [mailto:pentium100@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 4:05 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Guest networks not created on all Xen hosts in a pool leading to migration failure

Hello,

If I create a new network and start a couple of instances connected to it and the instances
all start in one host, then the network (vlan) is not assigned on the rest of the hosts in
the pool. This would not be a problem, except that trying to migrate such a VM to another
host results in a failure because the network is not seen from the destination host.

If I start enough instances so that both hosts have at least one running, then migration succeeds
(unless it fails for some other unknown reason).

Is this a known bug or some configuration problem and how to fix it?

Cloudstack version 4.4.0, XenServer version 6.2.0