cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Removing a single IP in a large range from cloudstack
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 04:15:58 GMT
Hi Justin,

You can mark the allocated=now() for the ip address which you want to use outside of cloudstack
since there is no single IP remove option from CS.
Modifying db would work and CS would never reset it to available again.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Justyn Shull [mailto:justyns@codero.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 4:42 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Removing a single IP in a large range from cloudstack

Hello,

We have several blocks of IPs added in cloudstack and available as public IPs, however we
are needing to remove a few IPs that are in the middle of a range. For example, say we have
these ranges:

 *   100.100.100.8 - 100.100.100.250
 *   100.100.101.8 - 100.100.101.250
 *   100.100.102.8 - 100.100.102.250

Assuming random IPs are already in-use/allocated from those ranges and preventing the removal
of the entire range, how could I stop cloudstack from using a specific IP like 100.100.100.30?
I haven’t tested it yet, but would setting removed = NOW() for that ip in the user_ip_address
table be all that is needed assuming 100.100.100.30 isn’t already allocated to a specific
network? If modifying that in the db would work, would cloudstack ever try to reset it to
an available ip again?

Thanks,

--
Justyn Shull