cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Javier Lagarejo <Javier.Lagar...@adderglobal.com>
Subject Remote Access Visibility (L2TP)
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 10:13:11 GMT
Hi,

When we configure Remote Access in CS 4.4.0, in the remote client (L2TP) only was added the
routes for the default class mask of the "remote.access.vpn.client.iprange".

Only if we use the option: use the default gateway in the remote network, in the advanced
TCP/IP options on the remote client (L2TP) we can access to the VM in cloudstack, but then
all traffic from the remote client go through the L2TP tunnel.

For example:

If we have a VPC with the network 10.0.1.0/24 and we configure the remote access for this
VPC (remote.access.vpn.client.iprange in CS is: 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.100) and uncheck the
default gateway in the advanced TCP/IP option in the L2TP, we can't access to our VM in this
VPC through L2TP tunnel.
In the routes of the remote client only was added the 192.168.1.0/24 network.

(If we change remote.access.vpn.client.iprange to 172.16.0.1-172.16.0.100, the routes that
will be added in the L2TP client will be 172.16.0.0/16)

Is there any option to change this?

Thanks,

[cid:image003.jpg@01CF3240.D132D920]

Javier Lagarejo
Senior Consultant
Departamento TecnologĂ­a
T.  +34  91 133 18 99   Ext. 152
Skype: lagarj01addg
javier.lagarejo@adderglobal.com<mailto:javier.lagarejo@adderglobal.com>
www.adderglobal.com<http://www.adderglobal.com/>

P Please think before you print.

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you
may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message
and kindly notify thesender by reply email.