cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rajani Karuturi <raj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ACS in a VMware environment
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 04:03:05 GMT
I think you are hitting this defect
The fix is in 4.3.1 and  4.4.1 branches.
As workaround, you can manually update catalina.properties as per the
changes in the fix [1]

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=blobdiff;f=client/tomcatconf/catalina.properties.in;h=282892bb763a74b3898c9402423245670f69d546;hp=ce03ff6390b19e21d11c87c68adb7bd07a8c95eb;hb=539db08;hpb=cc913cf0bb7e62b7a216e2de793336e61a49b485

~Rajani

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Xerex Bueno <xbueno@lpsintegration.com>
wrote:

> So I have found the cause of the problem, can someone explain why?  The
> issue is happens when I enable DB HA.  Below is the log output
>
> 2014-08-28 08:17:03,792 INFO  [c.c.u.d.T.Transaction] (main:null) Is Data
> Base High Availiability enabled? Ans : true
> 2014-08-28 08:17:03,824 INFO  [c.c.u.d.T.Transaction] (main:null) The
> slaves configured for Cloud Data base is/are : 10.200.5.14
> 2014-08-28 08:17:03,886 ERROR [c.c.u.d.Merovingian2] (main:null) Unable to
> get a new db connection
> java.sql.SQLException: Invalid load balancing strategy
> 'com.cloud.utils.db.StaticStrategy'.
>

> On 8/28/14, 8:17 AM, "Xerex Bueno" <xbueno@LPSIntegration.COM> wrote:
>
> >I must be missing something.  So I am installing this on a CentOS 6.5
> >fully patched server that is configured as a basic server.  Here are the
> >steps I take when installing ACS.
> >
> >1. Extract the RPMs and run ‘createrepo’
> >2. Create the .repo, and run yum install cloudstack-management
> >3. Run setenforce 0
> >4. Run cloudstack-setup-databases cloud:password@‘DB Server IP’
> >―deploy-as=root:password -k key -m key
> >5. Run cloudstack-setup-management
> >6. Connect secondary storage and run
> >/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-t
> >plt -m /mnt/secondary -u
> >
> http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-06-23-mast
> >r-vmware.ova -h vmware -s key
> >7. Try to connect to http://'ip':8080/client
> >
> >At this point it doesn’t matter how long I wait the management interface
> >never comes up.  What am I missing?
> >

> >On 8/28/14, 3:06 AM, "ilya musayev" <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Xerex
> >>
> >>I've just rebuild cloudstack. I had no issues with this build. no 404s.
> >>

> http://download.cloudsand.com/cloudsand/rhel/6/x86_64/cloudstack-4.3.0.1-
> >>0
> >>8282014.rpm.tgz
> >>
> >>Regards