cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Reategui <car...@reategui.com>
Subject Re: Can't launch VMs
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:37:07 GMT
ok.  I see. Although wouldn't it be easier to query the DB based on what it
is looking for to see what is missing?

When I originally set it up, I did not us the initial wizard.  Instead I
created it from "Infrastructure->Zones->Add Zone" and then following:
1) Zone Type:
Basic Network

2) Setup Zone:
fill in values for DNS
Hypervisor: ZenServer
Network Offering: DefaultSharedNetworkOffering
Network Domain: blank
Dedicated: NO
LocalStorageEnabled: YES (I do option 1 from the warning -- start zone in
disabled state and add primary storage)

3) Setup Network
POD:
Physical Network: xapi1 (Management and Guest) did not drag storage in.
GUEST TRAFFIC:
 *Reserved system gateway: 172.30.45.1
 *Reserved system netmask: 255.255.255.0
 *Start Reserved system IP: 172.30.45.50
 End Reserved system IP: 172.30.45.80

 Guest Gateway: 172.30.45.1
 Guest Netmask: 255.255.255.0
 Guest start IP: 172.30.45.100
 Guest end IP: 172.30.45.250

4) Add Resources:
CLUSTER:
Hypervisor: Xenserver
HOST:
add the xenserver pool master info

5) Launch
SECONDARY STORAGE:
Add NFS storage

Launch zone disabled

The go to "Infrastructure->Primary Storage(view all)->Add Primary Storage"
and add primary NFS storage.

This was working fine previously.