cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Pentium100 <pentium...@gmail.com>
Subject Guest networks not created on all Xen hosts in a pool leading to migration failure
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 10:35:28 GMT
Hello,

If I create a new network and start a couple of instances connected to it
and the instances all start in one host, then the network (vlan) is not
assigned on the rest of the hosts in the pool. This would not be a problem,
except that trying to migrate such a VM to another host results in a
failure because the network is not seen from the destination host.

If I start enough instances so that both hosts have at least one running,
then migration succeeds (unless it fails for some other unknown reason).

Is this a known bug or some configuration problem and how to fix it?

Cloudstack version 4.4.0, XenServer version 6.2.0