cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tim Mackey <tmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guest networks not created on all Xen hosts in a pool leading to migration failure
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 13:41:12 GMT
I'm assuming you're doing the migration from either the XenServer command
line, or from XenCenter.  If you do the VM migration from within
CloudStack, CloudStack will create the VLAN on the target and everything
will work as you expect.  Here's the doc page:
https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/manual-live-migration.html

A word of caution about managing XenServer "objects" outside of CloudStack.
 CloudStack considers itself the "owner" of the objects, so if you make
changes to them from outside of CloudStack, its very likely CloudStack
won't know about those changes and you could run into problems.

-tim