cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ian Duffy <...@ianduffy.ie>
Subject assignVirtualMachine - Change domain (4.1.1)
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 16:03:23 GMT
Hi All,

I'm wanting to use assignVirtualMachine to change the domain and account a
VM belongs to within Cloudstack.

Within version 4.1.1 this is not supported:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.1/root_admin/assignVirtualMachine.html

Transferring ownership to any domain was only implemented in a later
release.

Has anybody got a database modification work around for this?

I'm looking at modifying the domain_id, domain_uuid, account_id,
account_name, account_type for both volume and instance. I haven't tested
this yet, but I would love to hear anybody elses experience.

Thanks,

Ian