cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From benoit lair <kurushi4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Netscaler & VPC and multiple inter tiers LB
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 13:03:20 GMT
Hi Francois,

Thanks for your response. So i do not need to do deeper tests in order to
confirm what i thought. You confirmed all that i feared. As you said it is
a very huge problem.

I can understand the problematic to have subnet overlapping with several
vpc (although you have several users and not just a sysops dept wanting to
manage several vpcs). Here again, it is strange, because vpc tiers are
vlans isolated, so you can have several times the same subnet present in
two differents vpcs, with 802.1Q isolation, even the netscaler could manage
this without trouble, isn't it ?

Now reducing the opportunities with my netscaler, i don't understand why i
can't do Ns-Lb ith all my tiers inside a vpc :

I want to host a web application according to the 3-tier model (web reverse
proxy, web app server, sql database server), how can i exploit correctly
the tcp multiplexing feature of the Netscaler if once passed the web
reverse proxy tier, i do pass my request to a simple (too ?) lb internal vm
in order to contact my web app server ?

However i imagined to do some internal lb for the external tier (web
reverse proxy) and to pass the http(s) request to my web app server through
the netscaler. But here again when using NS with VPC, it can only be used
for external LB and not internal LB.

Would you have another solution for this ? (a tweak into mgmt server db) Or
is it just impossible to realize ? Although i have 2 Netscaler into my VPC
? (one for the web reverse proxy tier, another for the web app tier)

Thanks for your responses.

Benoit.