cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Advanced Networking with limited IP Addresses
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 12:47:53 GMT
Piers,

I'm guessing you've been creating a Basic Networking Zone as the default wizard sends you
in that direction.

If you have limited public IPs, and also want to leverage the full power of CloudStack you
should create an Advanced network zone.  This will give you private guest networks with a
Virtual Router.  Guest VMs will have private IPs and the VR will have a Public IP.

If you need some VMs to have a Public IP directly assigned you can also create a Shared Network
and allocate it a Public IP Range.

There are some great blog articles on http://www.shapeblue.com which will help you understand
the options etc.

We also offer training sessions, again details are on the web site.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/>
| Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://5>

On 6 Sep 2014, at 12:13, "Piers" <piers@rowan.id.au<mailto:piers@rowan.id.au>>