cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Few Questions
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2014 02:56:04 GMT
I'm not much into hosting jargon, but VPS if i'm not mistaken, means
jailed linux env, i.e. lxc, docker container or chroot'ed environment
that appears like a dedicated virtual server but shares resources and
common drivers with its host.

Dedicated virtual server implies fully virtualized server - where
everything down to the bios is emulated.

The "Cloud" is just a hype word marketing folks would like to apply, it
has way too many meanings and unrealistic expectations - depends who you
ask - to each, his own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing