cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding OVA or OVF VMs to CS 4.3.1
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2014 02:21:09 GMT
Hi, as the others mentioned only OVA is supported.  To use it in
CloudStack you first need to upload the OVA file to a web server that
CloudStack (specifically the SSVM) can reach.  Next, in the CloudStack
UI go to Templates > Register template and fill in the details
(including the URL to the OVA).  You can also use the registerTemplate
API command [1] with a tool like cloudmonkey [2] for this step.
Finally, when the template has been downloaded by the SSVM and shows as
"Ready" in CloudStack, you can deploy instances using that template.

Best regards,
Kirk

[1]
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.3/root_admin/registerTemplate.html