cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <mart...@vertigs.lv>
Subject Re: Live migration
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 17:56:01 GMT
Hello  Geoff,

Thanks for clarification. I have XenServer 6.2 pool, with all patches. I
can send tomorrow both error logs when I use GRE and when I use VLAN
guest network and live migration fails...

I have 4 nic's, 2 nic's are bonded and are used for management and
storage. 1 public nic (internet). 1 internal nic, for GRE tunnels or as
secondary shared network for internal use.

Can you, please, point me in a way how I can create Advanced networking
with two shared networks? Should I use two Guest networks without Public
network?

Thanks.

On 2014.09.04. 20:08, Geoff Higginbottom wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> ACS 4.3 Advanced Zone Live Migration certainly does work, both within the same Pool (using
shared storage) , and across Pools / Shared Storage (assume you are using XenServer as you
mention Pool)  Live migration also works across any VMware Host or KVM Host within a Zone,
as long as you have configured Zone wide Primary Storage.

> Basic Zone only allows you to have the one Guest Network, but if your end goal is to
have each VM with a NIC on an Internal Network, and a NIC on a Public Network this can easily
be achieved with Advanced Networking, using Shared Networks.

> Advanced Zones with Security Groups do work, what Hypervisor were you using for this.
>
> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

and GRE, but in both cases pool based live migration fails.

> Is it possible to setup something like basic zone setup, but with two networks? I want
instances with two interfaces, one with public nic, other with internal nic. I tryed to create
advanced zone with security groups, but it fails.

> Thanks.

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.