cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Saksham Srivastava <saksham.srivast...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Active IP's in the reserved range
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 04:12:15 GMT
Check you nics table for the IP.
It could be used by any Guest VM or VR/RVR.  SSVM and CPVM won't have a nic in guest network.
You could consider using persistent network offering to create your network. Then the need
to deploy a user vm to bring the network to implemented state will be eliminated.

Thanks,
Saksham

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Midgett [mailto:cloudstck@trick-solutions.com.INVALID]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:56 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Active IP's in the reserved range

Disable your zone and destroy the 2 console, ssvm, and the router if you have spun any vms
up. These system vm must be using those ip's

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® III

I originally set up a guest network as 10.1.1.0/24

I wanted to change that CIDR to 10.1.1.0/26 to allow for some static IPs for me to use, as
is mentioned here:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.4/networking/ip_reservation_in_guest_networks.html?highlight=reserved

When I try to make this change, I get the following in a popup:

Active IPs like 10.1.1.127 exist outside the Guest VM CIDR. Cannot apply reservation

What is my problem here? I don't have any active VMs in my cloudstack install except for the
system vm's at the moment - so I have no idea where
10.1.1.127 is.

Thanks