cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Regarding 'secstorage.session.max ' and Worker threads
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 07:57:02 GMT
Hi Ravi,

On 05-Sep-2014, at 8:07 am, Ravi K <cloud.fanatic07@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wanted to know about Worker threads in SSVM and 'secstorage.session.max'
>
> 1. In SSVM, worker threads are responsible for handling the tasks performed
> on SSVM.

Yes. secstorage.capacity.standby is a config which is the minimal number of command execution
sessions that system is able to serve immediately. secstorage.session.max is another config
which is the max number of command execution sessions that a SSVM can handle.

> 2. 'secstorage.session.max' is the limit on max number of command execution
> sessions that a SSVM can handle.
>
> Does this mean that secstorage.session.max keeps limit on worker threads?

Yes, there is an algorithm that determines if we need more secondary storage systemvms to
scale up, if we’re not able to satisfy required number of commands by these agents running
in SSVM. One way to scale up is also to change the SSVM offering by creating a new offering
and setting it on secstorage.service.offering.

You may read about the algorithm here: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX137928
Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav