cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Strange UI 8080/client/
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 09:42:48 GMT
Piers, what you shared is not helpful, first check that the management server is able to communicate
with the MySQL server and there is not much latency between these two servers.

For users, I recommend using the 4.3.0 release for now and avoid using 4.4.0 release.

On 09-Sep-2014, at 11:16 am, Piers <piers@rowan.id.au> wrote:

> On 09/09/14 19:09, Rohit Yadav wrote:
>> Hi Piers,
>>
>> What is the version of CloudStack are you using? Was this installed from deb/rpms
repository or built/ran from source?

> cloudstack-management-4.4.0-NONOSS_3.el6.x86_64
>
> RPM build
>

>> Can you check if you’ve put any tomcat or front proxy/lb config that is restricting
it to load css and js files?

> No this direct to the server.
>
> Note: I am / have been reinstalling the DB and starting from scratch a few times and
running cloudstack-setup-management

> Sometimes the connection times out and other times it does not.
>
> I've just run it again from scratch and restarted libv tomcat agent and management and
I have a whitescreen

> Cheers

>> On 09-Sep-2014, at 10:58 am, Piers <piers@rowan.id.au> wrote:
>>> The HTML is being dumped like this (pasted as plain text):
>>>
>>> These are all forms and I expect that having auth and application forms on the
same page (even in error) is not desirable.

>>> Is there somewhere I should report this behaviour?
>>>
>>> Cheers

>>> Username
>>> Password
>>> Domain
>>>
>>>    1Setup
>>>    2Select a template
>>>    3Compute offering
>>>    4Disk Offering
>>>    5Affinity
>>>    6Network
>>>    7Review
>>>
>>> Select a zone
>>>
>>> A zone typically corresponds to a single datacenter. Multiple zones help make
the cloud more reliable by providing physical isolation and redundancy.
>>> Select ISO or template
>>>
>>> OS image that can be used to boot VMs
>>> Template
>>> Disc image containing data or bootable media for OS
>>> ISO
>>>
>>> Please select a template for your new virtual instance.
>>>
>>>    Featured
>>>    Community
>>>    My templates
>>>
>>> Root disk size
>>>
>>> Please select an ISO for your new virtual instance.
>>>
>>>    Featured
>>>    Community
>>>    My ISOs
>>>
>>> # of CPU Cores
>>> CPU (in MHz)
>>> Memory (in MB)
>>> Min IOPS
>>> Max IOPS
>>> No thanks
>>> Disk Size GB
>>> GB GB
>>> Min IOPS
>>> Max IOPS
>>>
>>> The zone you selected does not have any choices for network selection.
>>>
>>> Please proceed to the next step.
>>>
>>> IP Address (Optional):
>>>
>>> Please select networks for your virtual machine.
>>> VPC:
>>> Networks
>>> Add Network
>>> New
>>> * Name
>>> Network Offering
>>> Please select security group(s) for your new VM
>>> Please review the following information and confirm that your virtual instance
is correct before launch.
>>> Name (Optional)
>>> Add to group (Optional)
>>> Zone
>>> Edit
>>> Hypervisor
>>> Edit
>>> Template
>>> Edit
>>> Compute offering
>>> Edit
>>> Disk Offering
>>> Edit
>>> Affinity Groups
>>> Edit
>>> Network
>>> Edit
>>> Security Groups
>>> Edit
>>> Previous
>>> Cancel
>>> Next
>>> Select     Name     Username     Email
>>>
>>>    1Zone Type
>>>    2Setup Zone
>>>    3Setup Network
>>>    4Add Resources
>>>    5Launch
>>>
>>> Set up zone type
>>>
>>> Please select a configuration for your zone.
>>> Provide a single network where each VM instance is assigned an IP directly from
the network. Guest isolation can be provided through layer-3 means such as security groups
(IP address source filtering).
>>> Basic
>>> For more sophisticated network topologies. This network model provides the most
flexibility in defining guest networks and providing custom network offerings such as firewall,
VPN, or load balancer support.
>>> Isolation Mode
>>> Choose this if you wish to use security groups to provide guest VM isolation.
>>> Security Groups
>>> A zone is the largest organizational unit in CloudStack, and it typically corresponds
to a single datacenter. Zones provide physical isolation and redundancy. A zone consists of
one or more pods (each of which contains hosts and primary storage servers) and a secondary
storage server which is shared by all pods in the zone.

>>>    Physical Network
>>>    Public traffic
>>>    Pod
>>>    Guest Traffic
>>>    Storage Traffic
>>>
>>> When adding an advanced zone, you need to set up one or more physical networks.
Each network corresponds to a NIC on the hypervisor. Each physical network can carry one or
more types of traffic, with certain restrictions on how they may be combined.

>>> Drag and drop one or more traffic types onto each physical network.
>>> When adding a basic zone, you can set up one physical network, which corresponds
to a NIC on the hypervisor. The network carries several types of traffic.

>>> You may also drag and drop other traffic types onto the physical network.
>>> Add physical network
>>> Traffic Types
>>>
>>>        Management   Edit
>>>    Management
>>>        Public   Edit
>>>    Public
>>>        Guest   Edit
>>>    Guest
>>>        Storage   Edit
>>>    Storage
>>>
>>>    NetScaler
>>>    Public traffic
>>>    Pod
>>>    Guest Traffic
>>>    Storage Traffic
>>>
>>> Please specify Netscaler info
>>>
>>>    NetScaler
>>>    Public traffic
>>>    Pod
>>>    Guest Traffic
>>>    Storage Traffic
>>>
>>>    NetScaler
>>>    Public traffic
>>>    Pod
>>>    Guest Traffic
>>>    Storage Traffic
>>>
>>> Each zone must contain in one or more pods, and we will add the first pod now.
A pod contains hosts and primary storage servers, which you will add in a later step. First,
configure a range of reserved IP addresses for CloudStack\'s internal management traffic.
The reserved IP range must be unique for each zone in the cloud.

>>>    NetScaler
>>>    Public traffic
>>>    Pod
>>>    Guest Traffic
>>>    Storage Traffic
>>>
>>>    NetScaler
>>>    Public traffic
>>>    Pod<
>>>    Guest Traffic
>>>    Storage Traffic
>>>
>>> Traffic between CloudStack\'s internal resources, including any components that
communicate with the Management Server, such as hosts and CloudStack system VMs. Please configure
storage traffic here.

>>>    Cluster
>>>    Host
>>>    Primary Storage
>>>    Secondary Storage
>>>
>>> Each pod must contain one or more clusters, and we will add the first cluster
now. A cluster provides a way to group hosts. The hosts in a cluster all have identical hardware,
run the same hypervisor, are on the same subnet, and access the same shared storage. Each
cluster consists of one or more hosts and one or more primary storage servers.

>>>    Cluster
>>>    Host
>>>    Primary Storage
>>>    Secondary Storage
>>>
>>> Each cluster must contain at least one host (computer) for guest VMs to run on,
and we will add the first host now. For a host to function in CloudStack, you must install
hypervisor software on the host, assign an IP address to the host, and ensure the host is
connected to the CloudStack management server.

>>> Give the host\'s DNS or IP address, the user name (usually root) and password,
and any labels you use to categorize hosts.

>>>    Cluster
>>>    Host
>>>    Primary Storage
>>>    Secondary Storage
>>>
>>> Each cluster must contain one or more primary storage servers, and we will add
the first one now. Primary storage contains the disk volumes for all the VMs running on hosts
in the cluster. Use any standards-compliant protocol that is supported by the underlying hypervisor.

>>>    Cluster
>>>    Host
>>>    Primary Storage
>>>    Secondary Storage
>>>
>>> Each zone must have at least one NFS or secondary storage server, and we will
add the first one now. Secondary storage stores VM templates, ISO images, and VM disk volume
snapshots. This server must be available to all hosts in the zone.

>>> Provide the IP address and exported path.
>>> Zone is ready to launch; please proceed to the next step.
>>> Previous
>>> Cancel
> [...]
>>>
>>>    Firewall
>>>    View all
>>>    Load Balancing
>>>    View all
>>>    Port Forwarding
>>>    View all
>>>
>>>    Static NAT Enabled
>>>    Firewall
>>>    View all
>>>
>>> Compute and Storage
>>>
>>>    Virtual machines
>>>    5
>>>    Running
>>>    10
>>>    Stopped
>>>    Storage
>>>    10
>>>    Volumes
>>>    Bandwidth
>>>    200
>>>    mb/s
>>>
>>> Users
>>>
>>> Networking and security
>>>
>>>    IP Addresses
>>>    Load balancing policies
>>>    Port forwarding policies
>>>    Manage Resources
>>>
>>> Events
>>> View all
>>>
>>> Refresh
>>>  SSL Certificate
>>> Infrastructure
>>>
>>>    Zones   View all
>>>    Pods   View all
>>>    Clusters   View all
>>>    Hosts   View all
>>>    Primary Storage   View all
>>>    Secondary Storage   View all
>>>    System VMs   View all
>>>    Virtual Routers   View all
>>>    CPU Sockets   View all
>>>
>>>    1
>>>    Guest
>>>
>>>    Set up the network for traffic between end-user VMs.
>>>    2
>>>    Clusters
>>>
>>>    Define one or more clusters to group the compute hosts.
>>>    3
>>>    Hosts
>>>
>>>    Add hosts to clusters. Hosts run hypervisors and VMs.
>>>    4
>>>    Primary Storage
>>>
>>>    Add servers to store VM disk volumes in each cluster.
>>>    5
>>>    Secondary Storage
>>>
>>>    Add servers to store templates, ISOs, and snapshots for the whole zone.
>>>
>>>    1
>>>    Public
>>>
>>>    Set up the network for Internet traffic.
>>>    2
>>>    Guest
>>>
>>>    Set up the network for traffic between end-user VMs.
>>>    3
>>>    Clusters
>>>
>>>    Define one or more clusters to group the compute hosts.
>>>    4
>>>    Hosts
>>>
>>>    Add hosts to clusters. Hosts run hypervisors and VMs.
>>>    5
>>>    Primary Storage
>>>
>>>    Add servers to store VM disk volumes in each cluster.
>>>    6
>>>    Secondary Storage
>>>
>>>    Add servers to store templates, ISOs, and snapshots for the whole zone.

>>> Keep
>>> snapshot(s)
>>> Time
>>> Timezone