cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From tejas.sh...@frontier.in
Subject Re: Template downoad for new zone with 194 bytes VHD
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 12:51:53 GMT
Thanks Erik,

   I have already one template stored in Zone 1 secondary storage which is
running successfully. can i copy the same and install it in Zone 2
secondary storage?

Thanks,
Tejas

From:   Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com>
To:     users@cloudstack.apache.org
Date:   08/05/2014 06:03 PM
Subject:        Re: Template downoad for new zone with 194 bytes VHD

I have no idea why that happens, but you can download the file any way you
like (curl / wget or whatever) and pass it to cloud-install-sys-tmplt with
the parameter -f

In your case that would be:
/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/storage/secondary/
cloud-install-sys-tmplt -m /mnt/secondary -f
/path/to/local/download/of/file.vhd -h xenserver -F

If you cannot download the file by any means, it means there is something
wrong elsewhere outside of cloudstack scope.

--
Erik

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 2:23 PM, <tejas.sheth@frontier.in> wrote:

> The VHD file contains following HTML text.
>
>  <HTML><HEAD>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV=Expires CONTENT=-1>
> <SCRIPT>
>         location.href="http://10.0.2.1:8090/httpclient.html"
> </SCRIPT>
> </HEAD><BODY>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>
> Thanks,
> Tejas
>

> From:   Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com>
> To:     users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Date:   08/05/2014 05:41 PM
> Subject:        Re: Template downoad for new zone with 194 bytes VHD
>

> view the contents of the file, most likely it is text based with some
sort
> of message saying why.
>

> --
> Erik
>

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 2:09 PM, <tejas.sheth@frontier.in> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Erik,
> >
> >    I have downloaded the template using wget but still the size of
> > template is 194 byte. When i extract it I can see
> > "systemvm64template-2014-06-23-master-xen.vhd" file.
> >
> >  What can be the reason for this behaviour?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tejas
> >

> > From:   Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com>
> > To:     users@cloudstack.apache.org
> > Date:   08/05/2014 11:39 AM
> > Subject:        Re: Template downoad for new zone with 194 bytes VHD
> >

> > First of all, use this:
> > http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-0
> > 6-23-master-xen.vhd.bz2
> > That version has the hearthbleed fix.
> >
> > Second, try downloading it manually with curl or wget and if it is
still
> > 194 bytes (or similar), read the contents to see if it contains a
> 301/302
> > redirect message or something like that.
> >

> > --
> > Erik
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 6:44 AM, <tejas.sheth@frontier.in> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > >   I am new to the cloudstack, I have deployed cloudstack 4.3 with 2
> > > xenserver 6.2 cluster in Zone 1, Which is working fine and system
VMs

http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.3/systemvm64template-2014-01-14-master-xen.vhd.bz2