cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Mo ...@daoenix.com>
Subject Re: FreeBSD
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 20:00:12 GMT
Odd! Well hopefully someone can illuminate as to what the issue may be. For now, at least I
have FreeBSD 32-Bit.

Thank you for your direction! =]

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 5, 2014, at 3:54 PM, motty cruz <motty.cruz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Mo,
>
> I started using Cloudstack 4.2 in production, prior to that I was testing Cloudstack
4.1. FreeBSD 64bit used to work on Cloudstack 4.1 once we move to production with Cloudstack
4.2 FreeBSD 64bit did not install correctly. I tried different versions of FreeBSD from 8.0
- 10, none worked except 32bit.

>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Mo <mo@daoenix.com> wrote:
>> As long as it's working in some capacity, I'm okay. Correct me if I'm wrong, previous
versions; was such complications present?

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Aug 5, 2014, at 2:43 PM, motty cruz <motty.cruz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> yes it is Odd, I am not sure if is the hardware issue but I don't think it is,
as mentioned before that is the reason I am moving away from KVM, I experience a lot of issues
such as not being able to use "snapshots", now I know that is working in CS 4.4. I am using
Cloudstack 4.2.1 in production, currently testing CS 4.4 with XenServer, although I am concern
about license with XenServer I believe is the worth the trouble moving away from KVM hypervisor.

on why it’s next to impossible to spin up a 64-bit FreeBSD?

install any OS 64bit except FreeBSD. never find out why is that! I am planning on moving to
use hypervisor XenServer instead of KVM hypervisor. preliminary testing gave us a really good
results.

when registering the ISO. Alas, still sitting at boot.

=]