cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Crystal <JCrys...@idsi4it.com>
Subject Issues with Live Migration on new rollout
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:22:24 GMT
Hello all,
I have an issue I wonder if someone can help with.  I've created a new advanced-network Cloudstack
demo farm with 2 KVM hosts, management server, and NFS storage SAN
I have enabled advanced networking with guest, public, management, and storage all on physical
nic 1

I've created a couple of test vm instances, one from the  stock Centos 5 template, and the
other a basic load from CD of Windows Server 2008 Rs with SP1.
When I try to perform a live migration and click on the icon, I don't get the popup asking
for which host to move to.

Selecting any system vm or virtual router and migrating to the other host works fine

Is there something I need to do to my virtual guests to enable live migration?  The administrator
guide says to install xen- or vm- tools for Xen or Vmware, but makes no mention of KVM...

[JCrystal Signature2013-1]