cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject questions on configuring advanced networking
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 19:16:10 GMT
Hi, all:

I am doing planning of a CloudStack deployment using advanced networking.  I have a few questions
about configurations:

 1.  Since this is an internal deployment, most of zones won’t really need public IP, so
how can I tell CS that I don’t need VLAN for public traffic ?  Do I still need to give it
something, say 192.168.1.0/24, without actually configure such network ?
 2.  I have multiple guest vlans to support,  I assume I have to create one zone for each
of supported guest vlans, IOW, I assumed that there can be only one guest CIDR for each zone.
I have not found a definitive answer to this question from docs, is this assumption correct
?
 3.  I also assumed that different zones can use the same management and storage VLANs, just
reserve different ip ranges for systemVM’s on different zones. Is this correct ?

Appreciate all helps.

Best regards,

Yiping