cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: CS 4.2..1 hypervisor KVM migrate to CS 4.4 hyper-visor XenServer 6.2
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2014 10:29:01 GMT
Hi,

I have migrated the other way without any issues. The fastest way for me to do it was to create
identical vms on the other hypervisor (including same disk volume sizes, etc). Once the vms
are created I would stop them. Using the qemu-img I would convert the disk image format, upload
the converted image to the primary storage and replace the newly created disk volumes with
the converted once. After that you should be okay to start.

You might also want to try the citrix app for vm migration, it might support kvm format. Just
google for it, I can't recall its name.

Andrei

--
Andrei Mikhailovsky
Director

Web: http://www.arhont.com
http://www.wi-foo.com
Tel: +44 (0)870 4431337
Fax: +44 (0)208 429 3111
PGP: Key ID - 0x2B3438DE
PGP: Server - keyserver.pgp.com

DISCLAIMER

The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom
it is addressed and may be confidential or contain legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any perusal, use, distribution,
copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
immediately advise us by return email at andrei@arhont.com and delete and purge the email
and any attachments without making a copy.