cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Midgett <cst...@trickhosting.biz>
Subject Re: Live migration shared storage
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:16:12 GMT
Before we switched to xen we used clvm with our fiber scan. You setup clvm the normal way and
then just tell cs what disk to use. Fencing was harder than the whole setup.

Regards
ilya
On 8/19/14, 8:12 PM, John Mancuso wrote:
> Would this be a recommended approach?
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/MarcusLSorensen/cloud-stack-clvm

of Cloudstack 4.4 on KVM using shared FC SAN storage on RHEL 6/7. I'm a bit confused as to
the proper setup/best practice for accomplishing this. For primary storage, we would like
to avoid NFS like the plague as the throughput is much much slower than GFS2, OCFS2, ceph,
etc. My past experience was with Redhat Cluster which can use CLVM with a SAN-backed ext3
volume to simply deactivate a volume group on a dead node and activate it on the live one.
Would there be anything like that here (Active/passive volume) or would my best bet be a distributed
file system like GFS/OCFS which I believe is active/active? We only need active/passive to
allow failover for VM obviously.