cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Soeren Malchow <soeren.malc...@mcon.net>
Subject RE: questions on configuring advanced networking
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 19:21:10 GMT
Dear Yiping,

If you choose "Advanced" with security groups, then you have only the "guestnetwork", we do
this geustnetwork on a bond and then on a bridge and the uplinks to the bond are tagged (do
not forget to assign a vlan tag during setup), then you are able to create more tagged networks.
This guest network can use an Cloudstack external Router or Firewall as gateway and the network
can be any IP range.
During setup you only create one guest vlan, but you can create additional vlan later on.

I hope that answers you question

Cheers
soeren

-----Original Message-----
From: Yiping Zhang [mailto:yzhang@marketo.com]
Sent: Freitag, 1. August 2014 21:16
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: questions on configuring advanced networking

Hi, all:

I am doing planning of a CloudStack deployment using advanced networking.  I have a few questions
about configurations:

 1.  Since this is an internal deployment, most of zones won't really need public IP, so how
can I tell CS that I don't need VLAN for public traffic ?  Do I still need to give it something,
say 192.168.1.0/24, without actually configure such network ?
 2.  I have multiple guest vlans to support,  I assume I have to create one zone for each
of supported guest vlans, IOW, I assumed that there can be only one guest CIDR for each zone.
I have not found a definitive answer to this question from docs, is this assumption correct
?
 3.  I also assumed that different zones can use the same management and storage VLANs, just
reserve different ip ranges for systemVM's on different zones. Is this correct ?

Appreciate all helps.

Best regards,

Yiping