cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Reátegui <create...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FreeBSD
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 19:50:46 GMT

On Aug 8, 2014, at 12:40 PM, Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Mo,
>
> comments inline.
>
> On 09-Aug-2014, at 12:04 am, mo <mo@daoenix.com<mailto:mo@daoenix.com>> wrote:
>
> Shanker,
>
> The issue I encountered, was of course user error. I did not realize, I only had to utilize
the boot-only FreeBSD ISO. After reviewing your update, I replicated it & was able to
easily boot into FreeBSD 64-bit, so this issue is resolved.

> Glad to hear its fixed. Please remember to rebuild kernel with XENHVM for better performance.
>

> Thanks to everyone who assisted with this, I do have a question; how easily is it to
remove system template of CentOS 5.5. As I would not at all utilize this, but is this a change
in the database? Or?

> I think you would need to do it via the DB. But I suggest you leave it there as its a
known good template
> to test when you run into issues.

Just edit the template from the UI and uncheck the public box and it won’t show up for your
users.  On the the admin.

wrote:

> Hi Mo,
>
> Comments inline...
>
> On 07-Aug-2014, at 9:27 pm, mo <mo@daoenix.com<mailto:mo@daoenix.com><mailto:mo@daoenix.com>>
wrote:

> I am using Cloudstack 4.4 | FreeBSD 9.3, however, choosing other 64-bit and installing
the 64-bit of FreeBSD 10 or 9.3 hangs at boot.

> FreeBSD 9 32bit ad 64bit are also working locally for me. See http://imgur.com/OSvXVpX,RcHuF26#0
and
> http://imgur.com/OSvXVpX,RcHuF26#1.
>
> Environment: ACS 4.3
> XenServer 6.2
> OS Type: Other 32bit and Other 64bit
> ISO Used: FreeBSD-9.3-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso and FreeBSD-9.3-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso
>
> For optimum performance, you could use XENHVM also.
>
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/9/sys/amd64/conf/XENHVM?view=markup
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/9/sys/i386/conf/XENHVM?view=markup
>
> --
> @shankerbalan
>
> M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
> shanker.balan@shapeblue.com<mailto:shanker.balan@shapeblue.com><mailto:shanker.balan@shapeblue.com>
| www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/><http://www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/>>
| Twitter:@shapeblue
> ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore -
560 055

> CSForge - rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.