cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <eric-l...@truenet.com>
Subject RE: questions on configuring advanced networking
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 19:47:52 GMT
Yiping,

ShapeBlue has a few good articles that lay out the infrastructure.

Zone, Pods, and Clusters:
http://shapeblue.com/citrix/cloudstack-architecture-overview/

Advanced Networking:
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack/understanding-cloudstacks-physical-networkin
g-architecture/

PS. Thanks Geoff et al, as this really helped me when I first started
designing things...

Sincerely,

Eric Tykwinski
TrueNet, Inc.
P: 610-429-8300
F: 610-429-3222

-----Original Message-----
From: Yiping Zhang [mailto:yzhang@marketo.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2014 3:16 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: questions on configuring advanced networking

Hi, all:

I am doing planning of a CloudStack deployment using advanced networking.  I
have a few questions about configurations:

 1.  Since this is an internal deployment, most of zones won't really need
public IP, so how can I tell CS that I don't need VLAN for public traffic ?
Do I still need to give it something, say 192.168.1.0/24, without actually
configure such network ?
 2.  I have multiple guest vlans to support,  I assume I have to create one
zone for each of supported guest vlans, IOW, I assumed that there can be
only one guest CIDR for each zone. I have not found a definitive answer to
this question from docs, is this assumption correct ?
 3.  I also assumed that different zones can use the same management and
storage VLANs, just reserve different ip ranges for systemVM's on different
zones. Is this correct ?

Appreciate all helps.

Best regards,

Yiping