cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Abu Bashiri <abu.bashiri...@gmail.com>
Subject AW: Second Management Server
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:59:31 GMT
You have to run the command without the deploy-as option (that would override your existing
database).
The command actually sets db host / user / password in the file /etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties

To have a redundant setup, you need a LB in front (UI). The SysVMs connect to the management
server over Ports 8250. You have to replace the IP of the Host global setting of the first
management server with the LB virtual IP.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: cstack@trickhosting.biz [mailto:cstack@trickhosting.biz]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. August 2014 16:38
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: Second Management Server

I am not understanding how to make the second management server work,

If these are the command that I ran on the first management server.

cloudstack-setup-databases
cloud:**********@cstsql1.pvdc.chlt.**********.com
--deploy-as=root:************
cloudstack-setup-management

What is the correct way to add a second one? Do I still need to mount the secondary storage
and copy the template or not?

Thanks