cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rajani Karuturi <Rajani.Karut...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Format and Consistency of Log statements in CloudStack
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 04:29:15 GMT
Hi Ashish,

It does have timestamp, log level, thread name etc.  though we do not use the level appropriately
at some places.
Here is a sample log line:
2014-07-04 09:00:19,456 WARN  [o.a.c.f.j.AsyncJobExecutionContext] (StatsCollector-3:ctx-0090dd87)
Job is executed without a context, setup psudo job for the executing thread

We use log4j for logging with a conversion pattern of %d{ISO8601} %-5p [%c{1.}] (%t:%x) %m%n
description about the pattern can be found here https://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/PatternLayout.html

~Rajani

On 06-Jul-2014, at 11:53 am, Ashish Sureka <ashish@iiitd.ac.in<mailto:ashish@iiitd.ac.in>>