cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.ur...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: InsufficientServerCapacityException - Unsure Why
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:08:51 GMT
Hi Elliot,

Did you ssh to VR using the ssh key ?
Ex: ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud -p 3922 root@169.254.3.196

If it is failed to ssh, then there is issue with the ssh keys.

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 09-Jul-2014, at 4:43 PM, Harikrishna Patnala <harikrishna.patnala@citrix.com> wrote:

> 1) Log into your KVM host.
> 2) Use command “virsh list”. This gives the list of VMs on the host.
> 3) Use command “virsh console <VirtualRouterId>” to log into the VR.
>

> -Harikrishna
>
> On 09-Jul-2014, at 3:52 pm, Elliot Berg <elliot.berg@avcosystems.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't know - I can't seem to ssh to the link local IP. It pings, but ssh times
out. If I try and use the "connect to console" button in the gui, that too times out :(

>>> 2014-07-08 12:08:56,218 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request] (AgentManager-Handler-1:null)
Seq 1-277348416: Processing:  { Ans: , MgmtId: 159320647860937, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 110,
[{"com.cloud.agent.api.Answer":{"result":false,"details":"grep: /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases:
No such file or directory","wait":0}}] }

>>> Can you check whether dnsmasq service is running in the Virtual Router ? if not,
start the service and check for “/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases”

>>> -Harikrishna

however a deployment still fails. My latest lot of logs are available at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47728104/management-server.log.gz,
and there's now one thing in the op_it_work table with a step != 'Done', which is a ConsoleProxy.

gui it says it's running, though.

to “Done” and try deploying VM.

option to reboot it or anything. If I change the state to stopped in the database directly
will the management server attempt to start it again or do I need to do something more?

you can mark it Done and deploy a VM.

other than "Done", one of them is

(Job-Executor-5:job-48 = [ 22369802-b5aa-4b5a-a26d-1fab11241551 ]) The task item for vm VM[DomainRouter|r-4-VM]
has been inactive for 418531

it's not using the host, but I suspect that's just because I don't really know what I'm looking
for - so I've zipped the whole log for today and stuffed it on dropbox at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47728104/management-server.log.gz.

else - everywhere I've looked for how to use local storage says I should change two global
settings;

first exists (which I have set to true).

kind of only looking for exceptions higher up before now), I've just spotted this...

(Job-Executor-3:job-46 = [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5
Ram=1024
(Job-Executor-3:job-46 = [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5
hostId: 1 is in avoid set, skipping this and try

    | Tel: 01753 213700 | Web:  www.avcosystems.com<http://www.avcosystems.com/>

Registration Number 1976620
| SL1 3UF

message that says CloudStack checked for X, Y and Z and found no suitable resources based
on your configuration.

any private info you dont want to share). I would also  recommend cloudstack 4.3.1 (which
is not officially out yet) but should come thru in the next several weeks. Its latest stable
release of CloudStack 4.3.0 - with latest bug fixes.

we complete official release of ACS 4.3.1 process.

Open Source and Non-Open Source modules.

purposes - right now we're just trying to compare different platforms for private cloud infrastructure
before we start getting too in depth with any of them.

running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and I believe I've followed all the installation guides correctly
at the various stages.

server, however we're interested in using local storage for the majority of things, and have
also set up a single KVM host which I believe is all configured correctly to use local storage.
If I look at the dashboard, I'm told I have more than enough resource in every section to
create an instance the size I want to - which is a small offering I've created with just 1.0GHz
and 1GB of RAM, with local storage. The host's not very powerful, but according to the dashboard
I am using 1.50GHz/5.87GHz, 1.38GB/7.80GB, 3.55GB/285.95GB Secondary Storage, 1.03GB/450.99GB
Local Storage and 0.00KB/571.90GB Primary Storage (I'm assuming that's meant to be a combination
of the NFS server's primary storage offering and the local storage on the host, though the
numbers don't quite make sense at first glance).

InsufficientServerCapacityException and I'm struggling to work out why. I can't add an instance
using a small shared storage offering either, but if I'm not mistaken that's expected because
the zone and host are configured to use local storage. The only thing I can think of is that
the local storage isn't properly configured, but when I've looked it seems to be.