cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: aws/ec2 interface cloudstack 4.4
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 17:06:10 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Do you see any more logs in the /var/log/cloudstack/awsapi/awsapi.log? Anything w.r.t processing
your request?

Also, Can you try using REST to make the EC2 calls? AWS has deprecated  SOAP support, so we
have seen that the EC2 tools do face some errors while parsing the SOAP response.
For REST, you don't need to register the user using cloudstack-aws-api-register. You just
need to set CS api key/secret key to the EC2 tool's environment variables

Thanks,
Prachi

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Traynor [mailto:d.traynor@qmul.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:19 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: aws/ec2 interface cloudstack 4.4

Hi

I successfully installed cloudstack 4.4 onto my laptop (host running ubuntu 14.04, cloudstack
management and agent running in a centos6.5 KVM guest) using the Quick Installation Guide
for CentOS from the documentation. Every thing so far works fine from the web interface.

What I need to do is to show that cloudstack will work with the ec2 interface as this is what
my main users want. (that and the occi as used by EGI Federated cloud, but that's for another
day).

I'm having some trouble getting EC2 interface to work with cloudstack. I've followed the instruction
in http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/latest/optional_installation.html#amazon-web-services-interface,
 and used the cloudstack-aws-api-register to register a certificate with the cloudstack api
and secret keys (generated in the cloudstack web interface). This was successful according
to the output of the script.

however when I try to use the ec2 interface I get this type of error

$ ./ec2-api-tools-1.3-62308/bin/ec2-describe-instances --debug
Server: org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBException: Unexpected subelement DescribeInstances
com.amazon.aes.webservices.client.Jec2SoapFaultException: SOAP Fault[code=Server, str='org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBException:
Unexpected subelement DescribeInstances']
	at com.amazon.aes.webservices.client.Jec2.UnwrapException(Jec2.java:270)
	at com.amazon.aes.webservices.client.Jec2.describeInstances(Jec2.java:1472)
	at com.amazon.aes.webservices.client.Jec2.describeInstances(Jec2.java:1433)
	at com.amazon.aes.webservices.client.cmd.DescribeInstances.invokeOnline(DescribeInstances.java:57)
	at com.amazon.aes.webservices.client.cmd.BaseCmd.invoke(BaseCmd.java:795)
	at com.amazon.aes.webservices.client.cmd.DescribeInstances.main(DescribeInstances.java:66)

on the management I see in /var/log/cloudstack/awsapi/awsapi.log (my x's)

2014-07-31 16:09:23,595 DEBUG [c.c.b.a.e.AuthenticationHandler] (catalina-exec-int-6:null)
X509 cert's uniqueId: EMAILADDRESS=xxxxxxxxxx, CN=xxxx, OU=xxxxx, O=xxxxx, L=xxxxx, ST=xxxxx,
C=xx, serial=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2014-07-31 16:09:23,597 DEBUG [c.c.b.s.UserContext] (catalina-exec-int-6:null) initializing
a new [anonymous] UserContext!

First is there any know reason why It should not work in 4.4.

I've seen reference to various references to cloud-bridge in older documentation but have
not touched it yet.

thanks

dan

* Dr Daniel Traynor, Grid cluster system manager
* Tel +44(0)20 7882 6560, Particle Physics,QMUL