cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Management Server install on CentOS7?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 09:28:54 GMT
Hi, I think he means installing a CS management server and/or KVM
hypervisor on CentOS 7.  Is anyone actively working on making it work?
I've seen many failures from minor changes (e.g. CentOS 6.2 versus 6.3,
or even just minor changes in simple utilities used by scripts) to
expect it will work on CentOS 7 if the developers aren't already working
on it.  I do recall someone trying to package it for an older Fedora but
they didn't get far.

A lot of packages have been updated to be much, much newer.  Off the top
of my head I would worry about Tomcat 7, Java 1.7, MariaDB 5.5, qemu,
and libvirt.  Then there are all the smaller utilities that are used for
the many scripts.  Besides that there is firewalld which will conflict
with anything CS does with iptables.  systemd is supposed to be
backwards compatible so maybe the init scripts would work.

Best regards,
Kirk