cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Elliot Berg <elliot.b...@avcosystems.com>
Subject Re: InsufficientServerCapacityException - Unsure Why
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 07:14:17 GMT
Hi,

It appears to be stuck in the "starting" state - so I don't get the
option to reboot it or anything. If I change the state to stopped in the
database directly will the management server attempt to start it again
or do I need to do something more?

Thanks!

Elliot

Harikrishna Patnala wrote:
> Is your Virtual Router up and running ? If is in running state you can mark it Done and
deploy a VM.
> If it is in stopped state try restarting it. You can try updating the field as well.
>
> -Harikrishna
>
> On 07-Jul-2014, at 7:10 pm, Elliot Berg<elliot.berg@avcosystems.com>  wrote:
>
>> I can see two entries that have the "step" field set to something other than "Done",
one of them is

>> ConsoleProxy | Starting
>>
>> and the other is
>>
>> DomainRouter | Prepare
>>
>> Am I safe to just delete the rows, or should I just update the field?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Elliot
>>
>> Harikrishna Patnala wrote:
>>> Do you see any work item pending for Virtual Router r-4-VM in “op_it_work”
table ?
>>> If there are any, remove those entries and try VM deployment again.
>>>
>>> I see in the logs that VR has a task pending
>>> 2014-07-07 10:28:15,934 WARN  [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-5:job-48
= [ 22369802-b5aa-4b5a-a26d-1fab11241551 ]) The task item for vm VM[DomainRouter|r-4-VM] has
been inactive for 418531

>>> -Harikrishna
>>>

>>> On 07-Jul-2014, at 2:18 pm, Elliot Berg<elliot.berg@avcosystems.com<mailto:elliot.berg@avcosystems.com>>
  wrote:

>>> I'm still not really spotting anything indicating why it's not using the host,
but I suspect that's just because I don't really know what I'm looking for - so I've zipped
the whole log for today and stuffed it on dropbox at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47728104/management-server.log.gz.

>>> Hopefully someone who's used cloudstack a lot more will have more success!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Elliot
>>>

>>> Elliot Berg wrote:
>>> I'm going back over everything and I've noticed something else - everywhere I've
looked for how to use local storage says I should change two global settings;

>>>    *   system.vm.use.local.storage = true
>>>    *   use.local.storage = true
>>>
>>> However I'm looking at my global settings and only the first exists (which I
have set to true).

>>> Elliot
>>>
>>> Elliot Berg wrote:
>>> Ah, so when looking back a bit further before (I was kind of only looking for
exceptions higher up before now), I've just spotted this...

>>> 2014-07-03 10:48:28,765 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator] (Job-Executor-3:job-46
= [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5
>>> 6001226e4ac ] FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Looking for speed=1000Mhz, Ram=1024
>>> 2014-07-03 10:48:28,765 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator] (Job-Executor-3:job-46
= [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5
>>> 6001226e4ac ] FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Host name: cloudstack-host1, hostId:
1 is in avoid set, skipping this and try
>>> ing other available hosts
>>>
>>> That's the one and only host - so I'm guessing that has something to do with
it!

>>> Elliot
>>> --
>>> Elliot Berg  |  Analyst Programmer/Network Team
>>> Email:  elliot.berg@avcosystems.com<mailto:elliot.berg@avcosystems.com>
  | Tel: 01753 213700 | Web:  www.avcosystems.com<http://www.avcosystems.com/>
>>> <image.png>
>>>
>>> Avco Systems Ltd, Registered in England&   Wales, Registration Number 1976620
>>> Registered Office: Avco Systems | 17 Bath Road | Slough | SL1 3UF
>>>

>>> ilya musayev wrote:
>>> Elliot,
>>>
>>> When you see such an error - there usually a predecessor message that says CloudStack
checked for X, Y and Z and found no suitable resources based on your configuration.

>>> Put the logs on pastebin or some other site (strip out any private info you dont
want to share). I would also  recommend cloudstack 4.3.1 (which is not officially out yet)
but should come thru in the next several weeks. Its latest stable release of CloudStack 4.3.0
- with latest bug fixes.

>>> I've put a build for folks who want to try it out until we complete official
release of ACS 4.3.1 process.

>>> Unzip tgz and it should have required RPMs with both Open Source and Non-Open
Source modules.

>>> http://www.cloudsand.com/cloudstack-4.3.0-1.tgz
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> ilya
>>>

>>> On 7/2/14, 1:06 AM, Elliot Berg wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've been putting together a cloudstack set-up for experimentation purposes -
right now we're just trying to compare different platforms for private cloud infrastructure
before we start getting too in depth with any of them.

>>> I've added the cloudstack 4.2 apt repository, and I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04
LTS, and I believe I've followed all the installation guides correctly at the various stages.

>>> We've set up a management server, which is also an NFS server, however we're
interested in using local storage for the majority of things, and have also set up a single
KVM host which I believe is all configured correctly to use local storage. If I look at the
dashboard, I'm told I have more than enough resource in every section to create an instance
the size I want to - which is a small offering I've created with just 1.0GHz and 1GB of RAM,
with local storage. The host's not very powerful, but according to the dashboard I am using
1.50GHz/5.87GHz, 1.38GB/7.80GB, 3.55GB/285.95GB Secondary Storage, 1.03GB/450.99GB Local Storage
and 0.00KB/571.90GB Primary Storage (I'm assuming that's meant to be a combination of the
NFS server's primary storage offering and the local storage on the host, though the numbers
don't quite make sense at first glance).

>>> However, when I try to add an instance, I receive an InsufficientServerCapacityException
and I'm struggling to work out why. I can't add an instance using a small shared storage offering
either, but if I'm not mistaken that's expected because the zone and host are configured to
use local storage. The only thing I can think of is that the local storage isn't properly
configured, but when I've looked it seems to be.