cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Harikrishna Patnala <harikrishna.patn...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: InsufficientServerCapacityException - Unsure Why
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 09:14:04 GMT
>From the logs
2014-07-08 12:08:56,218 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request] (AgentManager-Handler-1:null) Seq
1-277348416: Processing:  { Ans: , MgmtId: 159320647860937, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 110, [{"com.cloud.agent.api.Answer":{"result":false,"details":"grep:
/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases: No such file or directory","wait":0}}] }

Can you check whether dnsmasq service is running in the Virtual Router ? if not, start the
service and check for “/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases”

-Harikrishna

On 08-Jul-2014, at 3:47 pm, Elliot Berg <elliot.berg@avcosystems.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've done that, and now there's a new virtual router which says it's running, however
a deployment still fails. My latest lot of logs are available at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47728104/management-server.log.gz,
and there's now one thing in the op_it_work table with a step != 'Done', which is a ConsoleProxy.

> Interestingly if I look at the console proxy vm in the cloudstack management gui it says
it's running, though.

> Thanks,
>
> Elliot
>
> Harikrishna Patnala wrote:
>> Yes mark the VR to stopped, destroy VR, mark the VR entry in op_it_work to “Done”
and try deploying VM.

>> -Harikrishna
>>
>> On 08-Jul-2014, at 12:44 pm, Elliot Berg<elliot.berg@avcosystems.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It appears to be stuck in the "starting" state - so I don't get the option to
reboot it or anything. If I change the state to stopped in the database directly will the
management server attempt to start it again or do I need to do something more?

>>> Thanks!

(Job-Executor-5:job-48 = [ 22369802-b5aa-4b5a-a26d-1fab11241551 ]) The task item for vm VM[DomainRouter|r-4-VM]
has been inactive for 418531

the host, but I suspect that's just because I don't really know what I'm looking for - so
I've zipped the whole log for today and stuffed it on dropbox at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47728104/management-server.log.gz.

everywhere I've looked for how to use local storage says I should change two global settings;

looking for exceptions higher up before now), I've just spotted this...

(Job-Executor-3:job-46 = [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5
Ram=1024
(Job-Executor-3:job-46 = [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5
hostId: 1 is in avoid set, skipping this and try

   | Tel: 01753 213700 | Web:  www.avcosystems.com<http://www.avcosystems.com/>

Number 1976620

that says CloudStack checked for X, Y and Z and found no suitable resources based on your
configuration.

info you dont want to share). I would also  recommend cloudstack 4.3.1 (which is not officially
out yet) but should come thru in the next several weeks. Its latest stable release of CloudStack
4.3.0 - with latest bug fixes.

official release of ACS 4.3.1 process.

purposes - right now we're just trying to compare different platforms for private cloud infrastructure
before we start getting too in depth with any of them.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and I believe I've followed all the installation guides correctly at the
various stages.

we're interested in using local storage for the majority of things, and have also set up a
single KVM host which I believe is all configured correctly to use local storage. If I look
at the dashboard, I'm told I have more than enough resource in every section to create an
instance the size I want to - which is a small offering I've created with just 1.0GHz and
1GB of RAM, with local storage. The host's not very powerful, but according to the dashboard
I am using 1.50GHz/5.87GHz, 1.38GB/7.80GB, 3.55GB/285.95GB Secondary Storage, 1.03GB/450.99GB
Local Storage and 0.00KB/571.90GB Primary Storage (I'm assuming that's meant to be a combination
of the NFS server's primary storage offering and the local storage on the host, though the
numbers don't quite make sense at first glance).

and I'm struggling to work out why. I can't add an instance using a small shared storage offering
either, but if I'm not mistaken that's expected because the zone and host are configured to
use local storage. The only thing I can think of is that the local storage isn't properly
configured, but when I've looked it seems to be.