cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jayapal Reddy Uradi <jayapalreddy.ur...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: InsufficientServerCapacityException - Unsure Why
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:29:10 GMT
Hi Elliot,

Reboot the router and see the management server for router startcommand.
These values are passed in startcommand.

If it has . at the end then check the database nics table for entry with guest ip.
If nic table has entry with . then correct and restart the MS and restart VR.

Thanks,
Jayapal

On 16-Jul-2014, at 3:39 PM, Elliot Berg <elliot.berg@avcosystems.com>
 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got
>
> template=domP name=r-27-VM eth0ip=10.4.2.6 eth0mask=255.0.0.0. gateway=10.0.0.1 domain=cs1cloud.internal
dhcprange=10.0.0.1 eth1ip=169.254.1.246 eth1mask=255.255.0.0 type=dhcpsrvr disable_rp_filter=true
dns1=10.0.0.12 dns2= ip6dns1= ip6dns2=

> In that file, which includes the incorrect netmask.
>
> Elliot
>
> Jayapal Reddy Uradi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Check the /var/cache/cloud/cmdline for eth0ip=10.1.1.1 eth0mask=255.255.255.0
>> If it is correct, then interfaces file is written wrongly.
>> The /etc/network/interfaces updated from the cloud-early-config on router boot.
>>
>> What you can do is put set -x in cloud-early-config and run /etc/init.d/cloud-early-config
from the router.
>> And observe the setup_interface for how /etc/network/interfaces is written.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jayapal
>>
>> On 16-Jul-2014, at 3:07 PM, Elliot Berg<elliot.berg@avcosystems.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> So that fails with the error
>>>
>>> Error: an inet prefix is expected rather than "10.4.2.6/255.0.0.0.".
>>> Failed to bring up eth0.
>>>
>>> I went and looked at the router's /etc/network/interfaces file and spotted that
the netmask has a "." on the end, as below. Removing that and then running ifup eth0 works,
however when I reboot the router that file appears to be regenerated, as my change was undone.
Does anyone know where the information to generate that file comes from?

>>> iface  eth0 inet static
>>>  address 10.4.2.6
>>>  netmask 255.0.0.0.
>>>
>>> Thanks,

but my suspicion is that all of this is related to the kvm host's networking somehow. I followed
the instructions on the cloudstack install guide, and ended up with the below - does it look
right to you guys?

exiting

issue on the host, as I'd have expected the virtual router to sort its own networking assuming
the host's is fine?

was stuck - so I've just looked at the logs instead of recreating it again as that was only
just done. When you say the router logs, do you mean general logs on the virtual router machine?
If so, syslog/messages/kern.log/daemon.log are all empty?

router logs to see why the interfaces are brought up.

interfaces configured correctly (i.e. not having an IP) is just a symptom of more generally
broken networking - my interfaces file for the KVM host is below, does anyone spot any issues?

port. Now that I'm into the VM I can see that it's not running, and fails to start when it
tries to bind to the address that it should have on the guest range. I notice that "ifconfig
-a" shows two NICs, only one of which is up (the one with the link local IP).  I'm guessing
that indicates a more general networking issue?

physical machines (1 is the management server, 2 is the first host), 10.4.1.0-255 is the management
network and 10.4.2.0-255 is the guest network...but it's possible I've misunderstood the networking
config during setup? What I really wanted was hosts on 10.4.0.0-255 and guests on 10.4.1.0-255
(and beyond), as in the future I'd like it to co-exist with our existing infrastructure while
we migrate things - but I kept being told about conflicts etc when I tried to set up cloudstack
like that during the initial set up process?

with the ssh keys.

gives the list of VMs on the host.

to the link local IP. It pings, but ssh times out. If I try and use the "connect to console"
button in the gui, that too times out :(

[agent.transport.Request] (AgentManager-Handler-1:null) Seq 1-277348416: Processing:  { Ans:
, MgmtId: 159320647860937, via: 1, Ver: v1, Flags: 110, [{"com.cloud.agent.api.Answer":{"result":false,"details":"grep:
/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases: No such file or directory","wait":0}}] }

service is running in the Virtual Router ? if not, start the service and check for “/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases”

a new virtual router which says it's running, however a deployment still fails. My latest
lot of logs are available athttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47728104/management-server.log.gz,
and there's now one thing in the op_it_work table with a step != 'Done', which is a ConsoleProxy.

the console proxy vm in the cloudstack management gui it says it's running, though.

destroy VR, mark the VR entry in op_it_work to “Done” and try deploying VM.

stuck in the "starting" state - so I don't get the option to reboot it or anything. If I change
the state to stopped in the database directly will the management server attempt to start
it again or do I need to do something more?

wrote:
> [...]
Router up and running ? If is in running state you can mark it Done and deploy a VM.
state try restarting it. You can try updating the field as well.

at 7:10 pm, Elliot Berg<elliot.berg@avcosystems.com>         wrote:

> [...]
two entries that have the "step" field set to something other than "Done", one of them is

| Starting

is

| Prepare

to just delete the rows, or should I just update the field?

Patnala wrote:
> [...]
see any work item pending for Virtual Router r-4-VM in “op_it_work” table ?
are any, remove those entries and try VM deployment again.

in the logs that VR has a task pending
10:28:15,934 WARN  [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-5:job-48 = [ 22369802-b5aa-4b5a-a26d-1fab11241551
]) The task item for vm VM[DomainRouter|r-4-VM] has been inactive for 418531

at 2:18 pm, Elliot Berg<elliot.berg@avcosystems.com<mailto:elliot.berg@avcosystems.com>>
         wrote:

> [...]
not really spotting anything indicating why it's not using the host, but I suspect that's
just because I don't really know what I'm looking for - so I've zipped the whole log for today
and stuffed it on dropbox athttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47728104/management-server.log.gz.

someone who's used cloudstack a lot more will have more success!

Berg wrote:
> [...]
back over everything and I've noticed something else - everywhere I've looked for how to use
local storage says I should change two global settings;

system.vm.use.local.storage = true
use.local.storage = true

I'm looking at my global settings and only the first exists (which I have set to true).

Berg wrote:
> [...]
when looking back a bit further before (I was kind of only looking for exceptions higher up
before now), I've just spotted this...

10:48:28,765 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator] (Job-Executor-3:job-46 = [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5
] FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Looking for speed=1000Mhz, Ram=1024
10:48:28,765 DEBUG [allocator.impl.FirstFitAllocator] (Job-Executor-3:job-46 = [ 92fb959d-edc5-4fe2-84a0-5
] FirstFitRoutingAllocator) Host name: cloudstack-host1, hostId: 1 is in avoid set, skipping
this and try
available hosts

the one and only host - so I'm guessing that has something to do with it!

Berg  |  Analyst Programmer/Network Team
         | Tel: 01753 213700 | Web:www.avcosystems.com<http://www.avcosystems.com/>

Systems Ltd, Registered in England&          Wales, Registration Number 1976620
Office: Avco Systems | 17 Bath Road | Slough | SL1 3UF

musayev wrote:
> [...]
you see such an error - there usually a predecessor message that says CloudStack checked for
X, Y and Z and found no suitable resources based on your configuration.

logs on pastebin or some other site (strip out any private info you dont want to share). I
would also  recommend cloudstack 4.3.1 (which is not officially out yet) but should come thru
in the next several weeks. Its latest stable release of CloudStack 4.3.0 - with latest bug
fixes.

put a build for folks who want to try it out until we complete official release of ACS 4.3.1
process.

tgz and it should have required RPMs with both Open Source and Non-Open Source modules.

1:06 AM, Elliot Berg wrote:
> [...]
been putting together a cloudstack set-up for experimentation purposes - right now we're just
trying to compare different platforms for private cloud infrastructure before we start getting
too in depth with any of them.

added the cloudstack 4.2 apt repository, and I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and I believe
I've followed all the installation guides correctly at the various stages.

set up a management server, which is also an NFS server, however we're interested in using
local storage for the majority of things, and have also set up a single KVM host which I believe
is all configured correctly to use local storage. If I look at the dashboard, I'm told I have
more than enough resource in every section to create an instance the size I want to - which
is a small offering I've created with just 1.0GHz and 1GB of RAM, with local storage. The
host's not very powerful, but according to the dashboard I am using 1.50GHz/5.87GHz, 1.38GB/7.80GB,
3.55GB/285.95GB Secondary Storage, 1.03GB/450.99GB Local Storage and 0.00KB/571.90GB Primary
Storage (I'm assuming that's meant to be a combination of the NFS server's primary storage
offering and the local storage on the host, though the numbers don't quite make sense at first
glance).

when I try to add an instance, I receive an InsufficientServerCapacityException and I'm struggling
to work out why. I can't add an instance using a small shared storage offering either, but
if I'm not mistaken that's expected because the zone and host are configured to use local
storage. The only thing I can think of is that the local storage isn't properly configured,
but when I've looked it seems to be.

for how I can further diagnose this would be great - thanks in advance!