cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Migrating existing VMs into Cloudstack
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:02:30 GMT
Hi John,

You simply need to export the VMs from the existing XenServer, then import them into CloudStack
by first adding them as a Template, then deploying a new VM based on the Template.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: John Muckley [mailto:j.muckley@databax.com]
Sent: 24 June 2014 08:36
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Migrating existing VMs into Cloudstack

Good morning guys,

What is the best process to follow for importing existing Xenserver Virtual Machines from
their native hosts into apache cloudstack?

I have a couple of VM’s running on some old Xenserver5 hosts that I would like to bring
into the cloud, but struggling to find a documented process that I can attempt.

Thanks guys

John

________________________________

This is an e-mail from Databax Ltd (Company No.04085248). The contents of this e-mail are
confidential. Databax Ltd does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness
of the contents of this e-mail as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you receive
this e-mail in error please accept our apology. If this is the case we would be obliged if
you would contact the sender and then delete this e-mail. This e-mail and/or any replies to
it, and any attachments may be intercepted, copied or monitored by Databax Ltd for the purpose
of monitoring or keeping record of its business and for the purposes set out in the Telecommunications
(Lawful Business Practices) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. All statements
made in this e-mail are subject to contract. The contents are not to be regarded as a contractual
offer or acceptance. The sender is not authorised to bind Databax Ltd. The views expressed
in this e-mail are those of the sender and not necessarily those of  Databax Ltd.
Feel free to visit the Databax web site at www.databax.com<http://www.databax.com/>
 to find out about our range of products and services, and for the latest Databax news and
information.

<