cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From hossein zabolzadeh <zabolza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XMPP Server on CloudStack Management Server
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 19:57:26 GMT
Hi Sebgoa.
I didn't want to compare XMPP and virtualization. I want to know why using
XMPP comes into somebody's Mind?(Archipel Community) They wanted to satisfy
which feature that was not and currently is not addressed in cloudstack
and/or other CMPs(e.g. OpenStack, OpenNebula, ...)?
Which problem they want to solve by the aim of XMPP protocol?

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 10:44 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2014, at 6:31 PM, hossein zabolzadeh <zabolzadeh@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Is there any idea, about "*XMPP over virtualization*" advantages(Added
> > values)?
>

> Hossein, that question does not make any sense to me. XMPP is a protocol
> for messaging and presence.
> You can't compare XMPP and virtualization.

> > What the ArchipelProject is looking for?
>
> No idea, I have never used it, but looks like they use xmpp for virtual
> machine monitoring and it seems provisioning.
> You asked about XMPP and cloudstack, I googled and found this project
> which seems of interest,

> > Sebastien, what do you think?
>
> Check out archipelprojet, head to scholar.google.com , do some research,
> read
> write some code with xmpp, install ejabberd.
>
> What I do think is that XMPP is cool and highly scalable, so it can be
> used as a communication protocol for distributed systems, especially one
> where the agents are transients.
>
> Have at it ...
>

> > On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> by
> >>>

> >> You are the one who asked about this…I don't know.

> instances.

> >> XMPP.

AMPQ for