cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject How to auto start VMs after a crash?
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2014 09:13:09 GMT
Hello,

After a (simulated) server crash of a all-in-one 4.3 with local storage
I noticed that no VMs are started back.
Is there any option similar to Openstack's "start_guests_on_host_boot"
that I am missing?

The closest thing I found is this script:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Auto-start+all+VMs+on+a+host+using+local+storage+after+reboot

Is there anything in ACS itself that can provide this functionality?

What bothers me most is how do I determine which VMs were running
before the crash and which were not? Some customers may have stopped VMs
to reduce cost or for some technical reason.

Any thoughts?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro