cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KVM + VMware (and ceph)
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:30:18 GMT
Gerolamo,

As previously noted, you can mix and match with some degree of
segregation (i.e. templates must be different).

I've not tried mixing KVM + VMware recently, but i see no reason why you
cannot do that, if i recall correctly, i've done so a year ago or so,
when i first installed cloudstack.

As for Cephs, i have somewhat similar setup, I have beefy vSphere
hypervisors with about 1.5tb of SSD drives on each hypervisor with 10GB
NICs, that until recently have been idle. I'm setting up Ceph cluster on
these and will front them with iSCSI to ESX hosts as VMFS. You can also
look into presenting Ceph as NFS to vmware.

Regards,
ilya