cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ove Ewerlid <Ove.Ewer...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Problem when using Cloudstack Login API
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 21:54:08 GMT
On 06/01/2014 10:51 PM, dimas yoga pratama wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm doing an experiment on using Cloudstack API.
>  From what I read here
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.3/user/login.html when the
> login succeeds,it will generate cookie JSESSIONID.
> My question is, when I create login page, and succsfull login will redirect
> to another page, do I have to pass JSESSIONID to another page like
> SESSIONKEY?

Both have to be passed, but they are different things.
E.g., the SESSIONID (a cookie) is not handled like a cloudstack API
parameter such as the sessionkey (returned by the ACS login API call).

See for instance CloudMonkey;

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack-cloudmonkey.git;a=blob;f=cloudmonkey/requester.py

for a python example of CloudStack authentication using username and
password and go from there.

/Ove

--
Ove Everlid
System Administrator / Architect / SDN- & Automation- & Linux-hacker