cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Venkata Suneel Babu Mallela <sunee...@simplifydc.com>
Subject RE: CloudStack Volume Life Cycle
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:19:20 GMT
Hi Len,

Thank you very much for your instructions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Len Bellemore [mailto:Len.Bellemore@ControlCircle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:39 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: CloudStack Volume Life Cycle

Hi Suneel,

I've had this where I restarted the management servers while the volumes or vms were expunging.
Bear in mind that the volumes might still actually be expunging and can take a bit of time
to finally disappear.

If you're absolutely sure that the volumes are stuck in that state, you can edit the database
to force CS into  thinking the volumes have been deleted.

First back up the cloud database:
 mysqldump -u root -p cloud >/tmp/cloud_dbdump.sql

Log into mysql:
mysql -u root -p

use the Cloud database:
use cloud;

Verify which volumes are in the incorrect state:
select id, name, instance_id, uuid, folder from volumes where removed is null and state='Expunged'\G
update volumes set removed=now() where id=<id of volume> ;

This will remove the volume from the UI, the sytem will believe that the volume has been removed,
but you must still manually remove the volume from the NFS share if need be.