cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sudha Ponnaganti <sudha.ponnaga...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: 4.4 upgrade issues
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 06:51:45 GMT
Hi Carlos,

Were you able to resolve the following? Was your upgrade successful?

Thanks
/sudha

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlos ReƔtegui [mailto:creategui@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 8:55 PM
To: CloudStack-Users
Cc: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: 4.4 upgrade issues

I am trying out the upgrade instructions from http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.3/rnotes.html#upgrade-from-4-1-x-to-4-3
but going to 4.4 built from source today.

My setup: XenServer 6.0.2 Hosts, Management Server on Ubuntu 12.04, Primary and Secondary
on NFS, Basic Network, no security groups

-----
Notes on the docs:

8.4 - 8.6: This is only for hosts that use the cloudstack agent. Does not apply to KVM. In
general this whole section does not do a good job of explaining what is on the MS vs the Hosts.

13: This fails on ubuntu because: cloudstack-sysvmadm sources /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions which
does not exist on ubuntu/debian systems.

14: Copy vhf-util from where? Also the path /usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/vm/hypervisor/xenserver
does not exist on the hosts so I am assuming this is on the MS, however the MS already has
it since it is an upgrade and was put there by the original install.  Or is this a new version
that needs to be grabbed from somewhere?

Other: earlier versions like 4.1 worked with JDK 1.6 current releases require 1.7 but the
Upgrade doc does not mention that.

--
Issues:

Saw the following in catalina.out, not sure if it is an issues:
Jun 27, 2014 5:28:42 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader validateJarFile
INFO: validateJarFile(/usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/WEB-INF/lib/servlet-api-2.5-20081211.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class
Jun 27, 2014 5:28:42 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader validateJarFile
INFO: validateJarFile(/usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/WEB-INF/lib/tomcat-embed-core-7.0.30.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

Since the above script in step 13 did not work is it ok to do "xe vm-shutdown vm=." on each
of the system vms?  Will CloudStack notice they are ton and start new ones?

Here are my log files (please note I stopped the service prior to capturing these logs in
case you are wondering):
Management server log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xhkutt8e724il1/management-server.log
Catalina log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f45ypkbazhkogyj/catalina.2014-06-27.log