cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: install usage server
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 15:25:00 GMT
On 09.06.2014 15:41, dimas yoga pratama wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to monitor every VMs in my apache cloudstack, how I can install
> cloudstack-usage in my management server?
> Because my cloud_usage database is empty, apparently it need
> cloudstack-usage that has been installed in my MS.
> I'm using basic networking in my apache cloudstack.  I trid to follow
> the
> instruction in
> http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.org/en/latest/optional_installation.html#installing-the-usage-server-optional
> but it shows that the ./install is not valid,
> Can someone show me the correct way to install it?
>
> Thanks, looking forward for your answer.
> Dimas.

You should use the provided packages[1] and also be aware of the
following gotcha, the usage server will not have access to all the
libraries it requires for a DB connection, so you need to do:
ln -s /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar
/usr/share/cloudstack-usage/lib/mysql-connector-java.jar

[1] - http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/

Nux!
www.nux.ro