cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "dobropalka" <dobropa...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: SSVM will not come online following host reboot
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 12:21:31 GMT
Well you can try following:
1) create nfs-share on your management-server
2) Install systemVM templates there as descriped in installation guide
3) add it as sec storage - now ssvm should get its template

Also, useful link:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting

-----Original Message-----
From: John Muckley [mailto:j.muckley@databax.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:57 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: SSVM will not come online following host reboot

Apologies, the link to my log files should be: http://www.x85.co.uk/cloud_log.txt

John

-----Original Message-----
From: John Muckley [mailto:j.muckley@databax.com]
Sent: 11 June 2014 11:58
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org

Hi guys,

So i'm running a CloudStack 4.2 environment.
I had an issue with my xenserver host shutting down windows VMs unexpectedly, which citrix
looked at for me.
Citrix advised to install updates and reboot the host, which I have done this morning.

Since the reboot, I cannot bring a secondary storage VM online.
The console proxy and virtual router are online and I can bring my instances online, I can
even deploy new instances, but the damn SSVM won’t start.

Look here for my logs: http://www.x85.co.uk/cloud_log.txt<https://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ex85%2Eco%2Euk%2Fcloud_log%2Etxt&urlhash=1qLQ&_t=tracking_anet>

I've tried mounting the NFS share manually on the xenserver host using this command:

          mount -t nfs 192.168.16.225:/home/cloud_secstorage/template/tmpl/1/1 /tmp/secondary

the command succeeds but does not allow for the SSVM to be deployed.

Can anyone tell me why it’s being silly?

Thanks

John
________________________________

This is an e-mail from Databax Ltd (Company No.04085248). The contents of this e-mail are
confidential. Databax Ltd does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness
of the contents of this e-mail as it has been transmitted over a public network.  If you receive
this e-mail in error please accept our apology. If this is the case we would be obliged if
you would contact the sender and then delete this e-mail. This e-mail and/or any replies to
it, and any attachments may be intercepted, copied or monitored by Databax Ltd for the purpose
of monitoring or keeping record of its business and for the purposes set out in the Telecommunications
(Lawful Business Practices) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. All statements
made in this e-mail are subject to contract. The contents are not to be regarded as a contractual
offer or acceptance. The sender is not authorised to bind Databax Ltd. The views expressed
in this e-mail are those of the sender and not necessarily those of  Databax Ltd.
Feel free to visit the Databax web site at www.databax.com<http://www.databax.com/>
 to find out about our range of products and services, and for the latest Databax news and
information.

<