cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Fred Newtz <fbne...@gmail.com>
Subject Kernel Panic - not syncing: Out of memory and no killable processes
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 22:15:27 GMT
I have a KVM host on Cloudstack 4.2.1.

The KVM host has 90gb of free ram right now when look at the console of the
host.  I have about 10 - 12 VMs on there and they are technically
configured to use 63500MB of memory right now.  Here is what my KVM Host
status screen page displays though:

Total CPU24 x 2.67 GHzCPU Utilized3.3%CPU Allocated for VMs0%Memory Total141.81
GBMemory Allocated784.68 GBMemory Used56.58 MBNetwork Read59.93 MBNetwork
Write24.00 KB

I don't know why it is telling me that Memory Allocated is 784.68.  I have
been messing with the overprovisioning factor.  What is going on so I can
correct the value and get some new VMs provisioned.

For some reason now I can create a new VM.  I can load an OS on the VM.
 But once I reboot into the OS I am getting a Kernel Panic saying the
server is out of available memory.

Please let me know what information I need to provide to help resolve this
issue.

Thanks,

Fred

--