cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ian Young <iyo...@ratespecial.com>
Subject new installation--ssvm won't start
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 17:26:03 GMT
I reinstalled my single server CloudStack system yesterday, following the
quick start guide precisely.  The only difference was that I used
/var/primary and /var/secondary instead of /primary and /secondary, because
the /var partition on this machine is very large.  The UI installer reached
the point where it says "Creating system VMs (this may take a while)" but
never finished.  I left it overnight and it still hadn't completed.  This
is typically the step that fails, most of the times I've installed
CloudStack, so I imagine I must be making the same fundamental mistake each
time, and I'd like to know what that is.

I checked management.log and it's in a loop where it creates a secondary
storage VM, fails to start it, destroys it, and tries again.  It says Host
1 is unreachable but I'm using the correct password, SELinux is permissive,
and all the iptables rules are in place.  In what way is it trying to
connect to Host 1?  SSH?  NFS?  Here's a log excerpt of messages related to
the SSVM:

http://pastebin.com/X11A51bh

NFS appears to be functional, since CloudStack automatically mounted the
primary storage.

/dev/sda3              20G  1.8G   17G  10% /
tmpfs                  32G     0   32G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1             194M   42M  143M  23% /boot
/dev/sda4             1.8T  1.9G  1.7T   1% /var
192.168.100.6:/var/primary
                      1.8T  1.9G  1.7T   1%
/mnt/0594caa2-ceb4-36c6-9b13-0ff149a130af

How can I identify whatever it is that's preventing the SSVM from starting?
 Here is another log excerpt, without any filtering:

http://pastebin.com/XsPGJQik