cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject org.libvirt.LibvirtException: operation failed: drive hotplug is not supported
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 14:19:53 GMT
Hi,

 I'm getting errors when trying to attach new DATA disk to a running VM... :

I had to replace CentOS 6.5 libvirt 0.10.2 with manually compiled libvirt
1.2.3 in order to support RBD as storage... this is CS 4.2.1 on CentOS 6.5..

But now I'm getting errors when trying to attach new DATA disk to a running
VM:

org.libvirt.LibvirtException: operation failed: drive hotplug is not
supported

I can't really remember if this disk hotplug did work at all even on stock
libvirt..

Any suggestions ? I checked all the options during the ./configure phase of
libvirt, and did not notice any references to it...it should be supported
as from 2009 in some of the patches for libvirt...

Thanks,

--

Andrija Panić