cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Konstantinos Karampogias <konstantinos.karampog...@centralway.com>
Subject Re: Public Shared Network, no-vlans
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 13:23:25 GMT
Hello Pierre-Luc, thanks for the reply.

I need for other reasons to stay in advance configuration. I know that
i do not need
to have a definition for cs-mgmt but I am keeping it because in the
future management
network will be separated also.

What I am trying to do to achieve my objective
1. command listPhysicalNetworks #to get the eth0

2. command addTrafficType
physicalnetworkid=e84a8626-3106-4486-9a3f-87b7a435a967
traffictype=Guest
kvmnetworklabel=cs-public   #Same bridge as the public network

4. command createNetworkOffering displaytext=ExternalNetworkOffering
name=ExternalNetworkOffering guestiptype=Shared  specifyipranges=false
specifyvlan=false traffictype=Guest supportedservices=""

5. command createNetwork displaytext=ExternalNetwork
name=ExternalNetwork
networkofferingid=512b1b05-50f2-4200-b74d-b8b3c37adc3f
zoneid=8cb722f3-33ec-4686-aa4f-68237125c943 startip=192.168.100.2
endid=192.168.100.100 gateway=192.168.100.1 netmask=255.255.255.0
vlan=830 physicalnetworkid=e84a8626-3106-4486-9a3f-87b7a435a967

FAILED because
"431: SpecifyVlan should be true if network offering's type is Shared"
"431: SpecifyIpRanges should always be true for Shared network offerings"

To sum up my objective is to create :
a shared guest network, in a specific bridge (which is the same as the
public), without vlans,  without any service and in the advance
networking setup.

                        (internet)
       [ SWITCH A, public IPs address, no vlans]
                             -
                         -eth0-
                             -
              [ Cloudstack Hypervisor]
                             -
                         -eth1-
                             -
        [SWITCH B, vlans, private IPs]

Any idea where I am doing it working

Thx!

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com> wrote:
> you can use simple networking zone if you want,  if you use advanced
> networking zone  you should skip the network definition for cs-mgmt
> 8000.001e67a0a1f7       no              eth1.849
> in cloudstack.  Instead when you will define IP range for the management
> network of the POD you will specify a vlanID
>
> so you should define in cloudstack 2 nic:
> ex:
> eth0 with label cs-public  and traffic type=public
> eth1 with label cs-guest  and traffic type=guest,management
>

> Pierre-Luc Dion
> Architecte de Solution Cloud | Cloud Solutions Architect
> 855-OK-CLOUD (855-652-5683) x1101
> - - -
>
> *CloudOps*420 rue Guy
> Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
> www.cloudops.com
> @CloudOps_
>

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Konstantinos Karampogias <
> konstantinos.karampogias@centralway.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I suppose that i have to use advance networking zone, since there are
>> two nics and vlans to be  used in the one  of them.
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Pierre-Luc Dion <pdion@cloudops.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Are you going to use simple or advanced networking zone?
>> >

>> > Pierre-Luc Dion
>> > Architecte de Solution Cloud | Cloud Solutions Architect
>> > 855-OK-CLOUD (855-652-5683) x1101
>> > - - -
>> >
>> > *CloudOps*420 rue Guy
>> > Montréal QC  H3J 1S6